There have been rumors that the unit that Pell is in will move to Fort Riley, Kansas. The reason being because the unit is attached to Fort Riley. Confusing, yes, I know. I don't think that I can explain it. I understand but it is hard to explain to those of you who aren't in the Army. Basically the Army is making changes soon and one of those changes is going to affect us. Well, it looks like the rumors are true.
Pell received an email last night that told him and all the other guys that moved here "do not buy a house here". The Captain said that more than likely after deployment the unit will be moving to Fort Riley. There are no definates yet but it is pretty much a done deal. BUT the Army is unpredictable and things ALWAYS change. So as of right now, it looks like we will be moving AGAIN!! I guess one day we will stay somewhere longer than a year. (well, we did stay at Fort Rucker for almost 2 years)
I am hoping that this will all change and we will get to stay here!!! But like Haeli said when we found out Pell was deploying--"This is what you signed up for. You knew this was the life you would have before you got married." She is right, and I wouldn't change anything!! I love my hubby with all my heart and would follow him to the moon and back if I had to do so!!
What is in Kansas anyway??? That was the most boring part of the drive here!! We didn't go through Fort Riley though. Maybe it is wonderful! Ha! Ha!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Fort Riley, Kansas???!!!
Posted by mackiesmommy at Thursday, March 27, 2008
1 comments:
That's nuts!! I am sure Ft. Riley is nice, but I really hope that you guys can stick around Colorado for a while. The army does some crazy @&*# that's for sure!!! I am glad that you are meeting your neighbors and that the kids are meeting friends.
Post a Comment