My neighbor has had her trash can raided 3 times within the last few weeks. Her husband saw bear prints around the trash can and on the trash can. So I knew there was a bear. It just didn't sink in!
The past few nights our dog, Pepsi, has woken me up barking up a storm. She isn't a barker. Well, tonight was one of those nights! She was at my window barking like crazy and then ran down the stairs to the back door. She kept on and on. I rolled out of bed and looked out my window and didn't see anything. A few seconds later, I heard a loud noise and looked over to my right and there it is was! It was pulling a bag of trash from my other neighbor's trash can!! (Her trash can is inside the fence.)It proceeded to drag the trash bag to the woody, brushy area behind our house. It grabbed ahold of the bag and took it down the hill where I could no longer see it.
So, now I am sitting here almost an hour later and still can't seem to shake this scared feeling. I know it is gone but I have never seen a bear in my own backyard. (I say my own backyard because our yards are small and close.)
The funny thing is my trash can hasn't been touched yet. I have my trash can on the outside of the fence just like my neighbor that this happened to 3 times. I jokingly told her the last time it happened that I would start putting dirty diapers in her trash can so the bear would not want her trash. Well, I think that is my defense! The dirty diapers have to be what helps keep the bear away from my trash can.
I am going to try to go to bed now. Typing this is making me sleepy. Yeah!! Kyler woke up during all the barking and is sleeping in my bed now. I need to go try to get him back in his room and try to get some sleep. Better yet, he can just stay there. I don't feel like fighting tonight. Both kids will be up as soon as the sun rises!
Monday, July 21, 2008
I saw the bear and now I can't sleep!!
Posted by mackiesmommy at Monday, July 21, 2008
1 comments:
How scary is that! I'm glad you have tons of dirty diapers and that you have that dog! Atleast you'll get warned ahead of time...
Hopefully the bears will go down for their winter nap in a few more months and won't be out to bother you.. (or so I have heard..)
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment